Kraw-Kornack Funeral Home was founded by Paul H. Kraw. The original name was Paul H. Kraw Funeral Home, and was built in 1947, in Norwood, Massachusetts. The facility was built with two small chapels on one floor, for easy visitation.
In 1958, Paul’s brother-in-law, George Kornack, joined him as a Licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer. In 1965 another addition was built onto the funeral home to make the chapels larger.
Sadly, in 1975 Paul H. Kraw died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 52. George Kornack took over as owner and Funeral Director, thus changing the name to Kraw Funeral Home.
In 1983 John Paul Kornack, son of George Kornack and nephew of Paul H. Kraw, joined the Funeral Home as an apprentice and in 1985 became a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer. The funeral home was then named to Kraw-Kornack Funeral Home in 1985.
In 1987 another addition was built onto the front of the building, to enclose the steps in glass and make the front entrance larger.
In 1999 a major renovation took place at the Kraw-Kornack Funeral Home, which added a third chapel with new restrooms that are handicap accessible.